Monday, September 16, 2013

Something New

For those of you who read my recipes on here, I know you are thinking I had dropped off the face of the earth, nope, just busy doing charity knitting and crocheting. 

I am still cooking and this recipe is going to be tried out tomorrow for lunch.  I love pizza but, I just can't get near it, it totally whacks out my blood sugar.  So, I decided that I am going to substitute an eggplant for my crust. 

I am going to salt it down and let it sit for about 10 minutes, tops.  I will then rinse it, and brush it down with olive oil. 

I will do a pre-bake of it in my convection oven or if you don't have one of these gems, crank up your oven to 350F and let them bake for about 5 to 7 minutes, pull them out and then start to make the pizza toppings.  Leave the oven on.  I plan on using homemade pasta sauce for my pizza sauce, then my cheese and pepperoni. 

Pop the "pizzas" back in the oven for 13 minutes until you have a nice melty and brown topping. 

I will tell you how well mine turn out when I have them.  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment