Thursday, January 14, 2016

Turkey Tetrazini

I know it has been some time since I have posted.  I had seal a mealed some turkey breast from Thanksgiving and as I was looking in my freezer, I pulled it out.  I decided that we needed a change.
Here is my version of this classic dish. 

1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of cream of chicken soup
frozen spinach, well drained
4 ounce jar of pimentos, drained
1 can of mushrooms, the small can, drained
1 container of French's French fried onions
1 can of water
2 zucchinis, cut into noodles
2 cups cooked turkey breast, cut into cubes
1 bag of shredded whole milk mozzarella
salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, Spanish paprika

1 casserole dish big enough to hold it all. 

Oven temp:  350 degrees F. 

Take your casserole dish and add all of the ingredients except the cheese, leave that for the end.  Mix all of your ingredients together and then cover it all with the cheese.  Bake in the 350 degree oven for 1 hour.  If you would like to add more veggies, then by all means go ahead and add them.  Hubby even asked for more veggies next time.  If you want to increase the zucchini, then go ahead and shred more.  Since there is only 2 of us in this household I decided to just try out my recipe as is.  I know that next time, I can add more veggies since it will give it more fiber. 

I didn't cover my casserole with foil, I let it brown up my cheese, which I think is great.

Serve warm, enjoy.  This should serve 4 comfortably. 

No comments:

Post a Comment