Friday, April 26, 2013

A Better Taco Salad

This is a better for you version of the classic taco salad.  I know most people think of this dish as something to avoid.  Well, it can be made better for you. 

What you will need for this dish:

ground sirloin
Pace Picante Salsa, green lid, which is mild, if you can't handle the heat, get the blue lid. 
taco seasoning
skillet
bag of salad, I used the Italian blend
bag of tortilla chips, I used a lower carb and better for you, chip.
sour cream, 16 ounce tub
shredded Mexican cheese or Colby cheese

Season your ground sirloin, place in skillet, turn on the heat, brown the meat.  Drain any fat, pour in your picante sauce and lower heat, cook for about 10 minutes. 

Open bag of salad, place in bowls, open bag of chips, and add 5 chips to each bowl.  Place shredded cheese on top of chips, open sour cream, and mix.  I used 2 tablespoons of sour cream on my bowls. 

Turn heat off of meat mixture, I used a soup ladle to spoon my meat mixture over the sour cream. 

Enjoy! 

Hubby's reaction...he loved it!  He did say that he would have loved a bigger bowl of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment